This year like every other year I had to choose a festival to go to. I was following announcements from music festival from Germany (Ms Dockville, Melt!), Poland (Open’er), Latvia (Positivus), Czech Republic (Rock For People, Colours of Ostrava), Hungary (Volt) and Slovakia (Pohoda). Finally I chose Pohoda – there are a lot of bands playing from the noon to late night, there are some of my favourites (many of them not very well known but great). The tickets are affordable and the atmosphere of the festival is legendary.
So here we go, this is my timetable, very ambituous (15 gigs a day) and driven by my personal tastes.
The most awaited concerts are marked red. It starts with perfectly indie Tom Vek, then I expect huge show from Die Antwoord, hypnotizing Bo Ningen and crazy Dyse. On the final day I am waiting the most for impressive Vlasta Popić, hotties Bilderbuch, energetic Repetitor, innovative Young Fathers and insane Ghostigital (yea it is not Ghost Digital). The queen of the festival I guess will be beautiful Bjork.
There are always clashes, sometimes you have to resign from concerts of great artists.
The 5 toughest choices:
- Mourn – Barcelona based band represents a wave of fresh female dominated bands. Unfortunately I will not watch them this time. Reason: Die Antwoord
- Kate Tempest – this may be the most powerful message of the festival, however there is Reason: Tiken Jah Fakoly playing at the same time.
- A-Trak – together with Die Antwoord it is definitely the hottest dance electronic music of the festival. However I cannot skip Reason: Bo Ningen.
- Off! – American hardcore punk band is another victim of Reason: Die Antwoord
- Vec – Slovak hip-hop is something definitely worth to listen to, but this I time I choose Franz Ferdinand & Sparks.
Nevertheless I am going to see so many fantastic artists, that is great.